Athletes Thank Coaches
Team GB’s medal winning athletes have been quick to thank the coaches who have helped them achieve podium success.
- Laura Trott (Gold Cycling: Women’s Pursuit and Women’s Omnium): "I'm peaking at the right time and it's all thanks to the coaches, and the support of the crowd and my family." (Source BBC)
- Nicola Adams (Gold Boxing: Women’s Flyweight): “I'd also like to thank my trainer Alwyn Belcher, who is 77 years old but has the enthusiasm of someone 60 years younger. (Source Guardian Blog)
- Tom Daley (Bronze Diving: Men’s 10m Platform): "Andy Banks, my coach, has been there for me for a very long time. It is really him and me together.”
- Rebecca Adlington (Bronze Swimming: Women’s 800m Freestyle and Women’s 400m Freestyle): "To my coach, Bill Furniss, who I will never be able to re-pay all he's given me. I'm forever in his debt. (Source Rebecca Adlington’s Online diary)
- Jade Jones (Gold Taekwondo: Women’s Featherwight): “Paul Green is a legend without him I’d be nowhere.” (Source BBC)
- Heather Stanning (Gold Rowing: Women’s Pair Without Coxswain): “I have to say such a big thank you to all the coaches who have looked after me.” (Source Daily Telegraph)