How to Deliver Engaging Sessions: A Guide for Developing Adults Through Sport
Equip your coaches with the knowledge and skills needed to grow and sustain participation beyond the first few sessions. Coaches will learn about new participants’ needs, including how to build their self-confidence.
What Coaches Will Learn:
- The three segments of Developing, Sustaining and Rejoining participation.
- The relevance of the ‘C’* system of coaching to their own delivery of sessions.
- How to include the ‘C’ system of coaching through practical examples.
- Relevant adapted planning material for longer-term and session planning.
Have a practical impact on growing and sustaining participation in sport.
95% of delegates rated this workshop 7 out of 10 or higher**.
100% of delegates agreed the sports coach UK tutor performance was good/very good overall for this workshop**.
How to Organise this Workshop
- Ensure you have read and can meet the organiser requirements (PDF).
- Submit your booking if you are already a workshop organiser.
If you haven’t organised a workshop before, take these steps.
- To advertise your workshop, please feel free to copy text from the workshop description. You can also embed the Workshop Widget to advertise specific workshops on your website.
"The workshop was really well received by all the coaches. We were very pleased with the outcome and feedback and see scope for doing this with other governing bodies of sport, making the workshop specific to their audience...My thanks to the deliverers of the workshop. They were a great team!"
Denise Brown, Coaching Development Officer, Oxfordshire Sports Partnership
If you have any queries contact the Workshop Booking Centre by email or telephone: 0845-601 3054.
*The Cs are: connection; confidence; character; creativity; caring and compassion; and competence.
**Statistics taken from evaluations of 1 April-31 September 2013 workshops.
***Please note this workshop is available to deliver under the Licensed Workshop Partner scheme.Add to My Folder