Coaching the Whole Child: Positive Development Through Sport
Provide your coaches with tools to incorporate positive youth development into their sessions as a specific coaching outcome, and not just as a consequence.
What Coaches Will Learn:
- The traditional model of coaching and learning based on the development of participants’ technical, tactical, physical, mental and social competencies.
- The 5Cs* model of positive youth development in sport.
- To understand the interaction between the development of participant competencies and the 5Cs, to produce positive personal and social development as a specific coaching outcome.
- To apply the 5Cs model to their current practice across the Active Start, FUNdamentals and Learning to Play and Practice phases of participant development.
Help coaches understand how their coaching fits into a much wider agenda than sport.
How to Organise this Workshop
- Ensure you have read and can meet the organiser requirements (PDF).
- Submit your booking if you are already a workshop organiser. If you haven't organised a workshop before, take these steps.
- To advertise your workshop, please feel free to copy text from the workshop description. You can also embed the Workshop Widget to advertise specific workshops on your website.
‘I thought “Coaching the Whole Child: Positive Development Through Sport” was really beneficial for the coaches to attend – the resources were brilliant and the tutor was excellent. The workshop’s combination of science theory, along with the practical examples, has given the coaches the tools to help them develop young performers.’
Richard Colman, Coaching Development Manager, Wesport
Where possible, the delivery of this workshop works much better when the practical and the theory space are the same or annexed.
If you have any queries contact the Workshop Booking Centre by email or telephone: 0845-601 3054.
* The Cs are: connection; confidence; character; creativity; caring and compassion; and competence.
Please note this workshop is available to deliver under the Licensed Workshop Partner scheme.Add to My Folder