Multi-skill Club Induction
This in-depth workshop combines the ‘Multi-skill Clubs in Practice’ and ‘An Introduction to the FUNdamentals of Movement’ workshops and is designed to help attendees integrate the ABCs into multi-skill club sessions.
Who It’s For:
This workshop is designed for those working within YST initiatives. Delegates will need to meet the following minimum criteria:
- a fully qualified teacher and/or governing body of sport Level 2 coach
- knowledge of health and safety, in particular, child welfare
- knowledge of LTAD, in particular, the FUNdamentals stage
- experience of the TOP programmes and other Multi-skill programmes
- a commitment to CPD
Duration: 6 hours
Group size: 6-25
Coaches Will Learn To:
- devise and explain appropriate and effective practices for the ABCs
- show different practices and assessment opportunities for the ABCs
- examine different ways in which the ABCs and FUNdamental sport skills can be integrated within sessions
- evaluate different session formats in which the ABCs and FUNdamental sport skills could be used
- explain how Multi-skill Clubs will operate and their place within player pathways for young people
- practical space at least the size of three badminton courts with seats or benches.
- all venues must be accessible for all participants, including those who may have additional needs (eg wheelchair users).
Flipchart, paper and pens.
You can buy the related resource separately to the workshop at our shop, 1st4sport.com.
Promoting This Workshop
For words to use when advertising this workshop to coaches, copy text from the workshop description page.
Organise This Workshop
- Read organiser requirements for this workshop.
- Already a workshop organiser?* Submit your booking
or new workshop organiser? Start here
‘I would definitely recommend sports coach UK’s workshops. I think it’s vital to get coaches together for peer-to-peer learning, and the workshops are a great way of enabling this.’
Simon Pugh, Workforce Development Officer, South Yorkshire Sport
If you have any queries contact the Workshop Booking Centre by email or telephone: 0845-601 3054.
*Please note this workshop is a core workshop available to deliver under the Licensed Workshop Partner scheme.Add to My Folder